- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
West Virginia General Election
Tuesday, November 6th
Election Today!How do I vote?
Early voting begins
Early voting ends
What is this Election?
General elections are held to determine which candidates are elected into office.
Register to Vote in West Virginia
When do I need to register to vote in West Virginia?
West Virginians must have been registered to vote by Tuesday, October 16th.
How do I register to vote in West Virginia?
Am I already registered to vote?
You can check your current registration status online.
Who can register to vote in West Virginia?
To register as a voter in West Virginia, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of West Virginia
- Have lived at your address at least 30 days prior to the election
- Be at least 18 years old prior to the general election
- Not be serving any portion (including probation and parole) for a felony conviction
- Not have had a court ruling of mental incompetence
What if I'm only 17?
If you'll be 18 by the General Election, you can still register and vote in West Virginia!
9 out of 10 voters agree...
Politicians care more about their donors than the Americans they represent.
If 9 out of 10 Americans voted, we could fix that.
Help Get Out The Vote in West Virginia by sharing this page:
Vote in West Virginia
Where do I vote on Election Day?
On Election Day, you can cast your ballot at your designated precinct voting location.
To find yours, visit the West Virginia Polling Place Finder.
All polling places in West Virginia are open from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm local time
Can I vote by mail?
West Virginians can only vote absentee if they:
- Are attending school
- Are traveling outside the county for work or personal reasons
- Are unable to get to polling location due to injury, illness, physical disability, or age-related issue
- Incarcerated or confined to home for non-felony conviction
Absentee ballot requests must be received by October 31st,
and returned no later than November 6th.
I'm in college away from home, which state do I vote in?
You can either register to vote in West Virginia or the state you're attending school in — but not both!
I'm not in the US right now, how do I vote?
If you are a military voter or a United States citizen living abroad, you should request an overseas absentee ballot.
Can I vote before Election Day?
Yes! Skip the lines and vote early in West Virginia. If you're going to be busy, out of town, or otherwise occupied on Election day, this is the best time to vote.
Early Voting period is between Wednesday, October 24th and Saturday, November 3rd.
What ID do I need to vote?
Voter ID is only required for first-time voters.
If you need to provide ID, the following forms are accepted:
- West Virginia Driver's license or other Photo ID
- Current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, paystub, or other government document that shows name and address
- Any government document showing your name and address
What if I have a disability?
Dates and deadlines can change at any time
Get election reminders in West Virginia! We'll only send you about 6 emails per year.
Still have questions?
Having problems at the polls?
Voting is your right. Don't let anyone take it away. Experiencing Voter intimidation? Overzealous voter ID checks? Being turned away from voting? Faulty equipment?
Call the Election Protection Hotline for assistance.
Will you help us out?
Voter.ly is a brand new resource, dedicated to making voting as easy as possible for every American. It is incredibly important to us to know how well we're meeting that goal. Please take two minutes to complete the following survey and let us know!