- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
South Carolina General Election
Tuesday, November 6th
What is this Election?
General elections are held to determine which candidates are elected into office.
Register to Vote in South Carolina
When do I need to register to vote in South Carolina?
South Carolinians must be registered to vote by Sunday, October 7th
How do I register to vote in South Carolina?
Am I already registered to vote?
You can check your current registration status online.
Who can register to vote in South Carolina?
To register as a voter in South Carolina, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of South Carolina
- Be at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Not determined to be mentally incompetent by a court
- Not currently in prison as a result of a conviction
- Not convicted of an election-related felony offense (unless you have served the entire sentence, or had voting rights restored)
9 out of 10 voters agree...
Politicians care more about their donors than the Americans they represent.
If 9 out of 10 Americans voted, we could fix that.
Help Get Out The Vote in South Carolina by sharing this page:
Vote in South Carolina
Where do I vote on Election Day?
On Election Day, you can cast your ballot at your designated precinct voting location.
To find yours, visit the South Carolina Polling Place Finder.
All polling places in South Carolina open at 7:00 am and close at 7:00 pm.
Can I vote by mail?
South Carolinians can only vote absentee if they:
- Are a student away for college (or their spouse residing with them)
- Are a member of the military (or their spouse residing with them)
- Are prvented from going to the polls due to work, vacation,
- Are away from your county due to vacation
- Are sick or disabled, or their caretaker
- Are 65+ years old
- Are confined to jail or a pre-trial facility, pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Had a death in the family within 3 days of Election Day
Vote by mail in South Carolina by requesting an absentee ballot.
Absentee ballot requests must be received by November 2nd,
and returned no later than November 6th.
I'm in college away from home, which state do I vote in?
You can either register to vote in South Carolina or the state you're attending school in — but not both!
I'm not in the US right now, how do I vote?
If you are a military voter or a United States citizen living abroad, you should request an overseas absentee ballot.
What ID do I need to vote?
Voter ID is required in South Carolina. The following forms of ID are accepted:
- South Carolina Driver's license or other South Carolina issued photo ID
- South Carolina Voter Registration card with photo
- Military ID
- US Passport
What if I have a disability?
Dates and deadlines can change at any time
Get election reminders in South Carolina! We'll only send you about 6 emails per year.
Still have questions?
Having problems at the polls?
Voting is your right. Don't let anyone take it away. Experiencing Voter intimidation? Overzealous voter ID checks? Being turned away from voting? Faulty equipment?
Call the Election Protection Hotline for assistance.
Will you help us out?
Voter.ly is a brand new resource, dedicated to making voting as easy as possible for every American. It is incredibly important to us to know how well we're meeting that goal. Please take two minutes to complete the following survey and let us know!