- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Pennsylvania General Election
Tuesday, November 6th
Election Today!How do I vote?
What is this Election?
General elections are held to determine which candidates are elected into office.
Register to Vote in Pennsylvania
When do I need to register to vote in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvanians must have been registered to vote by Tuesday, October 9th.
How do I register to vote in Pennsylvania?
Am I already registered to vote?
You can check your current registration status online.
Who can register to vote in Pennsylvania?
To register as a voter in Pennsylvania, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Have lived at your address at least 30 days prior to the election
- Be at least 18 years old prior to the election
9 out of 10 voters agree...
Politicians care more about their donors than the Americans they represent.
If 9 out of 10 Americans voted, we could fix that.
Help Get Out The Vote in Pennsylvania by sharing this page:
Vote in Pennsylvania
Where do I vote on Election Day?
On Election Day, you can cast your ballot at your designated precinct voting location.
To find yours, visit the Pennsylvania Polling Place Finder.
All polling places in Pennsylvania are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm local time
Can I vote by mail?
Pennsylvanians can only vote absentee if they:
- You are a member of the US Military
- You are ill or physically disabled and unable to go to polling place or operate voting machine
- You are observing a religious holiday and are unable to vote at polling place
Out of town on election day? The following can vote absentee:
- The spouse or dependent of someone in the military
- Those attending to to official election business
- Those employed by the Commonwealth or Federal Government (including spouse and dependents) attending to to official business outside precinct
- Members of the Merchant Marine (including spouse and dependents)
- Member of a welfare or religious group attached to and serving with the armed forces (including spouse and children)
Vote by mail in Pennsylvania by requesting an absentee ballot.
Absentee ballot requests must be received by October 30th,
and returned no later than November 2nd.
I'm in college away from home, which state do I vote in?
You can either register to vote in Pennsylvania or the state you're attending school in — but not both!
I'm not in the US right now, how do I vote?
If you are a military voter or a United States citizen living abroad, you should request an overseas absentee ballot.
What ID do I need to vote?
Voter ID is only required for first-time voters.
If you need to provide ID, the following forms are accepted:
- Pennsylvania Driver's license or PennDOT ID Card
- Military ID or other government-issued ID
- Firearm Permit
- Current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, paystub, or other government document that shows name and address
- Current college/university Photo ID along with proof of campus habitation
What if I have a disability?
Dates and deadlines can change at any time
Get election reminders in Pennsylvania! We'll only send you about 6 emails per year.
Still have questions?
Having problems at the polls?
Voting is your right. Don't let anyone take it away. Experiencing Voter intimidation? Overzealous voter ID checks? Being turned away from voting? Faulty equipment?
Call the Election Protection Hotline for assistance.
Will you help us out?
Voter.ly is a brand new resource, dedicated to making voting as easy as possible for every American. It is incredibly important to us to know how well we're meeting that goal. Please take two minutes to complete the following survey and let us know!