- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Mississippi General Election
Tuesday, November 6th
What is this Election?
General elections are held to determine which candidates are elected into office.
Register to Vote in Mississippi
When do I need to register to vote in Mississippi?
Mississippians must be registered to vote by Tuesday, October 9th
How do I register to vote in Mississippi?
Am I already registered to vote?
You can check your current registration status online.
Who can register to vote in Mississippi?
To register as a voter in Mississippi, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Mississippi and the county voting in for at least 30 days before election day
- Be at least 18 years old by the General Election
- Not have been convicted of a disenfranchising crime
- Not have been judged in a court to be mentally incompetent
What if I'm only 17?
If you'll be 18 by the General Election, you can still register and vote in Mississippi!
9 out of 10 voters agree...
Politicians care more about their donors than the Americans they represent.
If 9 out of 10 Americans voted, we could fix that.
Help Get Out The Vote in Mississippi by sharing this page:
Vote in Mississippi
Where do I vote on Election Day?
On Election Day, you can cast your ballot at your designated precinct voting location.
To find yours, visit the Mississippi Polling Place Finder.
All polling places will be open between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Can I vote by mail?
Mississippians can only vote absentee if they:
- Will be outside your county on Election Day for any reason
- Are disabled
- Are age 65 or older
- Are the parent, spouse, or dependent of a person with a physical disability who is hospitalized outside their county of residence, or more than 50 miles away, and will be with that person on Election Day
- Are unable to vote in person due to working during the times the polls are open
I'm in college away from home, which state do I vote in?
You can either register to vote in Mississippi or the state you're attending school in — but not both!
I'm not in the US right now, how do I vote?
If you are a military voter or a United States citizen living abroad, you should request an overseas absentee ballot.
What ID do I need to vote?
Photo ID is required to vote in Mississippi. Acceptable forms of Photo ID include:
- Mississippi Driver's license, or other Photo ID issued by Mississippi
- US Passport
- Firearms license
- Student Photo ID issued by an accredited Mississippi college or university
- US Military ID
- Tribal Photo ID
Expired IDs are fine, so long as they aren't expired for more than 10 years
What if I have a disability?
Dates and deadlines can change at any time
Get election reminders in Mississippi! We'll only send you about 6 emails per year.
Still have questions?
Having problems at the polls?
Voting is your right. Don't let anyone take it away. Experiencing Voter intimidation? Overzealous voter ID checks? Being turned away from voting? Faulty equipment?
Call the Election Protection Hotline for assistance.
Will you help us out?
Voter.ly is a brand new resource, dedicated to making voting as easy as possible for every American. It is incredibly important to us to know how well we're meeting that goal. Please take two minutes to complete the following survey and let us know!