- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Kentucky General Election
Tuesday, November 6th
What is this Election?
General elections are held to determine which candidates are elected into office.
Register to Vote in Kentucky
When do I need to register to vote in Kentucky?
Kentuckians must be registered to vote by Tuesday, October 9th
How do I register to vote in Kentucky?
Am I already registered to vote?
You can check your current registration status online.
Who can register to vote in Kentucky?
To register as a voter in Kentucky, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Kentucky for at least 28 days before election day
- Be at least 18 years old by the General Election
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Not have had a court ruling of mental incompetence
- Not claim the right to vote in another state
What if I'm only 17?
If you'll be 18 by the General Election, you can still register and vote in Kentucky!
9 out of 10 voters agree...
Politicians care more about their donors than the Americans they represent.
If 9 out of 10 Americans voted, we could fix that.
Help Get Out The Vote in Kentucky by sharing this page:
Vote in Kentucky
Where do I vote on Election Day?
On Election Day, you can cast your ballot at your designated precinct voting location.
To find yours, visit the Kentucky Polling Place Finder.
All polling places in Kentucky are open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm local time. If you're in line when the polls close, you can still vote!
Can I vote by mail?
Kentuckians can only vote absentee if they:
- Have difficulty getting to the polling station due to age-related issues
- Are unable to get to polling location due to injury, illness, or physical disability
- Will be outside their county (student, vacation, etc.)
- Are military personnell confined to a military base
- Are incarcerated bt not yet convicted
Absentee ballot requests must be received by October 30th,
and returned no later than November 6th.
I'm in college away from home, which state do I vote in?
You can either register to vote in Kentucky or the state you're attending school in — but not both!
I'm not in the US right now, how do I vote?
If you are a military voter or a United States citizen living abroad, you should request an overseas absentee ballot.
What ID do I need to vote?
Voter ID is required to vote in Kentucky. The following forms of ID are accepted:
- Kentucky Driver's license
- Social Security Card or other government-issued ID
- Any ID card with your photo and signature (including Credit Cards)
What if I have a disability?
Dates and deadlines can change at any time
Get election reminders in Kentucky! We'll only send you about 6 emails per year.
Still have questions?
Having problems at the polls?
Voting is your right. Don't let anyone take it away. Experiencing Voter intimidation? Overzealous voter ID checks? Being turned away from voting? Faulty equipment?
Call the Election Protection Hotline for assistance.
Will you help us out?
Voter.ly is a brand new resource, dedicated to making voting as easy as possible for every American. It is incredibly important to us to know how well we're meeting that goal. Please take two minutes to complete the following survey and let us know!